100% match up to 300€/$
- 1. 4000+ games
- 2. 200+ Payment methods
- 3. Multilanguage support
100% up to €100/1,5 BTC + 100 Free Spins
- 1. VIP program
- 2. Personal bonuses
- 3. Personal manager for top clients
100% Up To €1,500
- 1. Huge welcome offer
- 2. Well established brand
- 3. Multilingual support
100% Up To $10 & 10 Spins
- 1. Market Leading Network
- 2. Home To 450+ Slot Games
- 3. CRM and Onsite translations including support
100% match up To 150€ + 100 Free Spins
- 1. VIP managers
- 2. Variety of live games
- 3. Fast withdrawals
100% Match up to 1 BTC/200 EUR + 200 Free Spins
- 1. 24h pending period for withdrawals
- 2. E-wallet withdrawal timeframe 0-1 hour
- 3. Instant play and mobile versions
100% match up To 100€ + 30 Free Spins
- 1. 3500+ games
- 2. Fast withdrawals
- 3. VIP managers
100% match up to 100€ + 100 FREE SPINS
- 1. €10 NDB available to palyers from Greece, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia
- 2. 24/7 Live support
- 3. Multiple Deposit methods
One of the proven strategies for online casino operators to get players’ attention is by offering a massive welcome treat. After all, who wouldn’t want to get free cash or free spins with the potential to win actual prizes, right?
All those match bonuses, no deposit deals, and free spins users get upon signup represent casino welcome bonus offers. Since each gambling website has an individual strategy, new player promotions come in various types and sizes.
Are you a new player who wants to learn all about welcome treats credited by online casinos? Would you like to learn how to recognize good welcome promos?
As always, our expert team at SmashingTip is the right place to be! We have created the only guide on the topic you will ever need. Scroll down to learn how welcome bonuses work, what their rules are, and what types of offers to expect.
What Is a Casino Welcome Bonus?
A welcome bonus at iGaming websites is the reward new players get as a welcome gift. Such bonuses can be given upon making your first deposit, after entering a specific code, or after you finish your registration. Welcome deals are usually massive and often grant players lots of free spins and/or free money.
How To Claim New Player Bonuses at iGaming Websites?
There are several ways to claim a welcome promotion at your chosen online casino. The first is to complete the registration process. Some operators automatically credit the bonus to new members. Making a payment is the second way. This requirement applies to payment match deals, like, for example, a 200% deposit bonus on your first deposit. Finally, the last ways to snatch a new player promo are by entering a special code or contacting customer support.
Different Types of Casino Welcome Deals
New player treats come in different types. Meaning, one operator may grant you free spins right upon signup. On the other hand, another operator may give you a match on your first deposit. Below, we’ll go over the most common types of welcome bonus casino offers on the iGaming market.
- No Deposit Bonus – This promotion is given without the need to make a casino payment. The operator, instead, grants you the welcome surprise as soon as you finish your signup process. No deposit bonuses are generally modest and include anything between 5-15 free spins.
- First Deposit Offer – You can claim such bonuses only after you deposit with the operator. These 1st payment deals often require a minimum deposit amount, which ranges from $/€10 to $/€30. They always match bonuses, meaning the operator matches your deposit up to a certain amount. First deposit promotions can match anything from 50% to 300% or more. For instance, most operators have a 100% up to $/€100 deals. However, you can also find more generous promos of a 200% welcome bonus up to $/€500 or even more.
- Welcome Package – A welcome package is usually a combination of multiple match bonuses. Typically, online casinos will match your first two or three payments there. Typically, the match size decreases with each deposit. For example, let’s say the 1st deposit match is 200% up to $/€200. You can expect the 2nd deposit bonus to be 100% up to $/€100, and the 3rd deposit match to be 50% up to $/€50. Of course, each operator has its own rules, so the variations are plenty.
- Free Spins – Free spins have established themselves as players’ favourite. So, for many casinos, the best welcome bonus is giving newbies free spins. The amount of spins widely ranges and goes from low 5 to fantastic 200 or more. Everything depends on the casino’s generosity and type of bonus here. Players can use these free spins on all or selected slots, and they get to keep some share of their winnings.
- Match Bonus + Free Spins – Players love both match offers and free spins. So, casinos thought – why not give them both! Hence, some offers include both a match bonus upon your first payment and a certain number of free spins. Such deals tend to be more generous in the number of spins in comparison to no deposit promos.
Casino Welcome Bonus Rules
For an offer to be considered one of the best welcome bonus casino deals, it must have reasonable rules. Namely, each promotion comes with individual terms and conditions that reveal the cashout requirements.
Minimum Deposit and Maximum Cashout
Unless you’re claiming a no deposit bonus, the offer comes with a minimum deposit amount. This amount often starts at low $/€10 and goes up to $/€30, sometimes more. To be eligible to claim such a new player treat, you must deposit an amount equal or higher than this limit.
Another essential feature is the maximum cashout. This is the highest amount of winnings you can cash out after using your bonus. Max cashout ranges from $/€100 to thousands of dollars/euros. The best first deposit bonus casino offers have a low or no max cashout at all.
Minimum Wagering Requirements and Expiration
Welcome bonuses, much like all other types of casino bonuses, come with both minimum playthrough requirements and expiration dates. The former tells users how many times they need to wager the bonus before being able to withdraw their winnings. The latter reveals when the bonus funds expire.
These two are closely related because failing to meet the wagering before your deal expires results in losing the bonus. Hence, we believe the best online casino first deposit bonus offers have low minimum playthrough requirements and last longer.
Generally speaking, consumers can expect wagering requirements between 20x and 50x the bonus. It’s fair to mention that there is also no wager welcome bonuses. These are often modest, but let you win real cash risk-free.
Another thing to keep in mind is the wagering contribution of games. Usually, online slots will contribute 100% of your bet towards wagering. Table games, on the other hand, may have zero contribution or something minimal, like 2% or 5%.
Not all games are eligible for playing with bonus cash or free spins. Some picks, like table games, have a low house edge. Meaning, players have higher chances of winning them. Hence, online casinos protect themselves by banning such games for those playing with a casino welcome bonus.
Always make sure to check what games you can play with your fantastic new player package. Sometimes, the operator may connect the deal to a single game only. For example, you may get 20 free spins on Starburst. Trying to use these spins on another video slot can result in you losing both the bonus and any winnings won with it.
Finding the perfect new user offer is useless if the deal isn’t available to players from your country. Meaning, you should read the restricted countries list before deciding which one is the best casino welcome bonus for you.
For instance, UK online casinos often have exclusive treats for Brits. Scandinavian operators also have some massive bonuses for players from Sweden and Denmark. What happens if you succeed to register and claim an offer restricted for consumers from your country? Well, you probably won’t be able to withdraw the winnings.
Cashable Vs. Non-Cashable New Player Bonus
Rookie players may be confused by the concept of cashable and non-cashable new member bonuses. The difference between the two lies in the player’s ability or inability to withdraw the bonus funds. For example, if the promotion is cashable, you’ll be able to cash out the remaining bonus amount after meeting the wagering requirements. In contrast, the remaining bonus amount is deducted from your winnings when you withdraw a non-cashable deal.
Can I Claim A Welcome Bonus Using a Mobile Device?
Yes, there are tons of online casino welcome bonus offers available to mobile players. The process is identical to when you’re using a desktop device. You should simply follow the instructions on the screen to register, make a payment, or enter a promo code.
In most cases, the welcome treat offered to desktop players is given to mobile users too. Sometimes, however, operators may have exclusive mobile welcome bonuses also. Meaning, it’s essential to keep your eyes open for any additional mobile bonuses you can claim through your smartphone.
How to Recognize the Best Casino Welcome Bonus?
With so many fantastic deals out there, it’s not easy to recognize the best no deposit or first deposit bonus offers. Luckily for our readers, our SmashingTip team of iGaming enthusiasts has prepared some valuable tips. Whenever you’re not sure if a bonus opportunity is worth it, use our advice to decide your next steps.
- Beware of offers that seem too good to be true.
- ALWAYS read the terms and conditions alongside the bonus rules BEFORE claiming the offer.
- If the wagering requirements are unreasonable, skip the deal.
- Avoid registering with unknown brands just for their welcome offer. It may be a scam.
- Make the most out of the best casino welcome bonus deals by getting the full amount.
- Don’t use the promotion on unsupported games – you may lose it alongside any winnings.